The Old Testament

General Category => Episode Requests => Topic started by: toxicShadow81 on Sep 21, 2026, 03:18 AM

Title: PPI on a 997 Turbo, here's how it went
Post by: toxicShadow81 on Sep 21, 2026, 03:18 AM
I was pretty close to buying a 997.2 Turbo from a private seller in Sharjah and honestly I had already mentally spent the money. The car looked clean, low km, full service book, and the guy seemed friendly at first but kept rushing me every time I asked about accident history or previous owners. That little voice in my head wouldn't shut up so I decided to get it checked instead of relying on the test drive. I ended up finding https://prepurchasecarinspection.ae/brands/porsche/ while searching for someone who actually knows these cars and the inspector spent nearly two hours going through everything. He found signs of a front end repair that wasn't disclosed and a small coolant seep that would have turned into a bigger bill later. I used the report to walk away and the seller suddenly stopped replying, which told me everything. If you're looking at any used Porsche here just pay for the inspection, it's cheaper than trusting a shiny advert.